Tuesday 5 November 2013

What if this city forgets you.



While wandering in this city, I find every single thing smells and feels like you.

I blink my eyes, no, they do not look like you, but absolutely, as I said, smell like and feel like you - there's noway to hid, as the scent and touch sneak into my pores and irritate my nerves wherever I am.

I have been wondering how long does it take for the town to bury the memories about you, yet I still do not have a clue. Those memories aren't etched, instead they resemble to growing cells which take in energy, breathe, breathe harder and grow as strong as they can. The growing breaths are too strong to be ignored.

For a while, this city seems to show its mercy, it does not remind me any of the sweet and the bitter. Nonetheless, at the next moment, pictures and laughters on social websites pull me back to the cruel reality. The aftertaste of your presence has not faded at all.

What if this city could forget you?
If so, there would be one more smiling face taking picture in front of the rainbow bridge in Sheung Wan;
there would be one more girl flying kite on the soothing lawn in Taipo;
there would be one more hotpot sold in cafe de Coral/Fairwood whatever.
There would be one more happy person who are ready for the lover awaits.

Unfortunately, this city is nurturing your silhouette days and nights, the 18,19-year old you are still playing around, joking around, apparently without the slightest worry.It cannot be seen, cannot be touched, but when eyes are closed tightly, smells and pressure are here, right on my hand, my feet , my face and my mind.

Those lovely and sweet scenes are too beautiful to be forgotten, how could this city ever get you over?


No comments:

Post a Comment